Staples + Airmiles = Summer “FUN-damentals” for local kids
This summer, Staples Canada and the AIR MILES® Reward Program are partnering to offer even more value to customers in Alberta. Beginning Wednesday, July 4, Staples consumers – who are Alberta residents – can earn AIR MILES reward miles on their Staples purchases in store, through the catalogue and online. This regional launch represents the first time Staples and AIR MILES have worked together and Albertans will reap the benefits. Now, it’s easier than ever to earn AIR MILES reward miles on everything from office supplies to the latest technology products.
“We are thrilled to offer our customers in Alberta great rewards for products they love through this partnership with AIR MILES,” says, Brian Coupland, Director of Innovation & Marketing, Staples Canada. “Loyalty deserves to be celebrated and we want to thank Staples customers for shopping with us. As Canada’s premiere coalition loyalty program, AIR MILES will give Staples shoppers rewards they will love!”
Celebrate with Heart
To celebrate this exciting new partnership, Staples and AIR MILES are making a donation of Staples “Summer “FUN-damental” Packs” to 37 Boys and Girls Clubs in every Staples community in the province. Staples has everything to help keep kids’ minds active and engaged this summer and the FUN-damental packs feature selections from Staples Top 10 picks including:
1. Scrapbook – Ideal for helping kids keep track of summer activities and memories. Compiling the scrapbook will also help kids keep their creative juices flowing.
2. Crayola Colour Wonder Stow & Go Studio – Eliminate the “are we there yet’s?” with this portable easel that comes stocked with a Colour Wonder book and markers to keep young artists (and their surroundings) clean.
3. Crayola Story Studio – This is a kid’s dream come true as it allows any child’s image to appear on the pages of a colouring book. Join princesses or superheroes in a personal adventure.
4. Craft Pack – Filled with all kinds of arts and crafts supplies, the creative possibilities are endless.
5. Crayola Window Marker Set – You can’t write on the walls, but why not the windows? This pack comes with stencils and window markers for hours of fun on the patio door. Markers are washable.
6. Journal + BIC 4-colour pen – Keeping a journal is a great way to preserve kids’ writing skills all summer long, and a colourful pen makes writing more fun.
7. Snazaroo Face Painting Kit – What kid doesn’t like face painting? This kit comes with a how-to book to make it fun for kids to try new designs on themselves and their friends.
8. Workbooks and Flash Cards – Staples offers a wide variety of grade-specific workbooks and flash cards to help kids retain their knowledge while having fun.
9. Stickers – sometimes simplicity rules. Stickers are a sure-fire, affordable way to keep kids busy.
10. Construction Paper – A kids’ classic, construction paper is a time-tested essential for any kids’ fun pack.
Pulling from Staples extensive technology department, AIR MILES will also be donating an eReader to each of the 37 Boys and Girls Clubs in Staples communities across Alberta.
“We thank Staples and AIR MILES for their generous donation at this crucial time of year,” says Karen McCullagh, Regional Director, Boys and Girls Clubs Western Region. “With school out for the summer, we see an increased club attendance and this donation of activity packs plus the eReaders for each of our chapters will go a long way in helping to keep our members engaged.”
Be Rewarded Every Day
“We have over one million AIR MILES Collectors in Alberta and we are thrilled to offer them even more choice by adding a popular retailer such as Staples to our growing list of Sponsors,” says Blair Cameron, Senior Vice President of Retail, AIR MILES Reward Program. “Staples is another great example of how our loyal Collectors can earn great rewards simply by doing their everyday shopping. Pick up office supplies. Get rewards. It’s that easy.”
“This is a very exciting initiative for Staples,” adds Rick Atkinson, Vice President of Marketing, Staples Canada. “We are thrilled to provide our customers with added value every day; and encourage them to watch for regular bonus offers on product purchases.”
All 37 Staples locations in Alberta are participating in the AIR MILES partnership. Alberta residents can also earn AIR MILES reward miles through the catalogue and on online purchases at www.Staples.ca. To learn more about this initiative, Albertans are encouraged to visit their nearest Staples store, or log onto www.airmiles.ca, beginning July 4.