Are your kids excited to meet a Minion? 10 interesting facts
Are your kids excited to meet a Minion? Here are 10 interesting facts about Minions.
A Minion is coming to visit the Calgary Moms Trade Fair on November 14th! We know your little ones are probably bursting with excitement at the chance to meet their favorite adorable character, so we’ve put together 10 Interesting Facts About Minions for them to enjoy!
1) The creation of the Minions was a happy accident. In early stages of the film, they were supposed to be either human-sized or monsters. Budget constraints forced animators to create the pint-sized characters that you know and love today.
2) The Minions were partly inspired by the Jawas in the original Star Wars franchise, and the Oompa Loompas in Willy Wonka.
3) The language that Minions speak is actually a combination of many different languages! Some of the words are derived from Spanish, Japanese and even Korean words.Occasionally you will hear a word in English. Many of the words that they speak are actually names for different foods.
4) There are only 5 natural hairstyles for Minions in the Despicable Me films, including being bald. Tall minions all have the same haircut.
5) Minons have only three fingers
6) Minons could survive in outer space, they resist freezing and do not need oxygen to breathe.
7) The evil Minions are purple because purple and yellow are on opposite sides of the color spectrum.
8) Minion Bob has two different colored eyes.
9) In Despicable Me 2, Gru dials Lucy’s phone number: 626-584-5723. The filmmakers actually set up a real line that takes you to a recording of Lucy’s voicemail. Fans of the film can leave messages all they want.
10) A third Despicable Me film has been confirmed. It will be released in the summer of 2017.
Bring your little ones dressed up as their favorite minion, favorite villain or any other character from the Minion movies. He will be available for photos at 10:00-11:00am, 11:30-12:30pm & 1:00-2:30pm. Not a fan of big crowds? Consider joining us after 1pm.
Calgary Moms Trade Fair
Saturday, November 14th 2015 from 9:30am to 3:30pm
Courtyard Calgary Airport ~ 2500 48th Avenue NE Calgary, Alberta T3J 4V8 (see map)
Proudly Supporting the Calgary Food Bank
Adults: $2.00 each & Kids: $1.00 each
(no food donations accepted at this time)
Moms, Register to Attend and receive a show bag filled with exciting show specials, coupons, business information and great samples from our exhibitors and sponsors. Including a Schick razor and other goodies from CalgaryMoms.ca.
Attendees can shop, browse and interact with over 70 local businesses to find the latest in local products and services that are available for your family. Join us to also learn about legitimate work at home business opportunities. Who knows you may find a new calling.
When you register you will also qualify for “Registered Only” instant door prizes handed out through out the day and have a chance to win our grand prize with our “Explore the Floor” card. Remember: You must attend to WIN.
Want future show updates and information? Join our mailing list to be notified. You can opt-out at any time