20 Things I Never Knew About Newborns
16th Feb 2013
- That you should have been doing weight training to prepare for all the lifting and carrying.
- What a beautiful and celebrated thing a burp is.
- Just exactly how much and how fast newborns can accumulate loads of laundry!
- One burp cloth is never enough.
- Having to cut off a onesie because there is too much poop on it to pull it over baby’s head.
- How funny baby farts are.
- How much poop a small baby can hold.
- That a baby can poop, not only up the back of the diaper, but out the sides, and up the front too!
- That I could survive on so little sleep.
- How I immediately could not imagine life without my newborn.
- Somehow, baby boys figure out how to pee on the back of their heads.
- That you may not get your teeth brushed until lunchtime…or later.
- That you may cry right along with your little on in the middle of the night when nothing will console them.
- What about how everyone always says, “Sleep when the baby sleeps”? Yeah right, like there’s not a million other things to do!
- That showers would seem like a luxury vacation.
- Most baby socks are made for Oompa Loompas with really fat feet/ankles. A normal baby can kick off a newborn sock in 10 seconds.
- The cuter the outfit or the more snaps and buttons on it has an eerie correlation to the extra amount of leaked pee or explosive poop for the day.
- That going to the grocery store alone becomes an exotic, exciting trip out.
- I never knew was how helpful it is to have people bring you food after you get home from the hospital.
- Baby acne can happen, but it WILL go away!
Sarah Shultz ~ 20 Things I Never Knew About Newborns author.